Moon California Camping: The Complete Guide to More Than 1,400 Tent and Rv Campgrounds
Moon Travel Guides: Your Adventure Starts Here
California has 20 million acres of forest, 1,200 miles of coast, and countless wilderness areas, but with Moon California Camping, you'll always find your perfect campsite.
What's inside the 20th edition of Moon California Camping
- A Campsite for Everyone: A variety of campgrounds, from secluded Sierra hike-ins to convenient roadside stopovers, including dog-friendly, family-friendly, and wheelchair accessible options
- Ratings and Essentials: All campsites are rated by scenery and marked with amenities like restrooms, trailhead access, picnic areas, laundry, piped water, showers, and playgrounds
- Recreation Highlights: Discover nearby hiking, swimming, fishing, water-skiing, white water rafting, hot springs, and options for winter sports
- Maps and Directions: Easy-to-use maps and detailed driving directions for each campground
- Skip the Crowds: Moon California Camping contains many secluded spots and campgrounds not in the online reservation system
- Curated Lists of Top RV and Tent Sites: Pick the right campsite for your travel style with lists like "Best for Families," "Scenic Campgrounds," and "Best Island Retreats"
- Trusted Advice: Expert outdoorsman Tom Stienstra knows his stuff; he's hiked 25,000 miles in and around these campgrounds for over 30 years
- Essential Information on Hiking the John Muir Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail: includes campgrounds that offer trailhead access
- Tips and Tools: Information on equipment, food and cooking, first aid, and insect protection, plus background on the climate, landscape, and history of the campsites
Whether you're a veteran or a first-time camper, with Moon's comprehensive coverage and trusted advice, you'll be ready to pitch your tent and enjoy the great outdoors.
Narrowing your search? Try Moon Northern California Camping. Looking for some focused advice on outdoor recreation? Check out Moon California Hiking or Moon California Fishing.
Full coverage of: Redwood Empire, Shasta and Trinity, Lassen and Modoc, Mendocino and Wine Country, Sacramento and Gold Country, Tahoe and the Northern Sierra, the San Francisco Bay Area, Monterey and Big Sur, the San Joaquin Valley, Yosemite and Mammoth Lakes, Sequoia and Kings Canyon, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles and San Diego (and their surrounding areas), and the California deserts, including Death Valley and Palm Desert