Problem-Based Microbiology E-Book by Swapan K. Nath, Sanjay G. Revankar
This concise, problem-based textbook covers 91 of the most common infectious diseases, using case studies to promote interactive learning and to build a foundation of knowledge for clinical practice. It presents an overview of how infectious diseases affect a particular organ system. Then, it provides clinical case scenarios, differential diagnosis tables, and succinct explanations of the infectious process, with treatment options and outcomes. Crisp, full-color images and USMLE-style practice questions round out the text.
- Presents a detailed clinical case study for each infectious disease covered, including treatment and outcomes.
- Integrates basic and clinical sciences.
- Covers the most common infectious diseases, including bioterrorism agents and emerging infectious diseases.
- Promotes active learning by presenting the case study as an unknown, and then providing differential diagnosis tables and rationales.
- Features over 350 full-color illustrations and images of clinical disease to reinforce written material.
- Highlights key symptoms, microbiology, epidemiology, and pathogenesis for rapid review.
- Provides summary tables of important diseases caused by the infecting organism.
- Includes practice questions to help prepare for the USMLE step 1 and 2 exams.